Our character can either develop or deteriorate. When we constantly spend time in fellowship with the Lord, knowing His will, and obeying it our character is developed. When we CHOOSE to stand firm amidst trials we are refined to be better people. However if we are not even firm in our faith we will easily be swayed.
“Character is not made in crisis, it is only exhibited.” -Andy Stanley
This line might sound contradictory to what i just said above, so let me clarify. Trials and crisis come like tests and examination—-the result depends on how you studied and prepared for it. I’m not saying we will always know what will come our way—-however our best preparation is on our knees and our best weapon is God’s Word. However IF we fail to commune daily with God, when a crisis happens we give in and give up. We cannot expect our character to be made—-for it is not made in trials, it is made when we spend time daily with the Lord, and it is REFINED when trials come.
Just as tea releases it’s flavor when it hot water, so do we release our true colors when in times of trouble.
- fireoftheholyspirit reblogged this from hosannainthehighest
- benckendorfs likes this
- novemberskys reblogged this from hosannainthehighest
- stephiechase8872 reblogged this from hosannainthehighest
- stephiechase8872 likes this
- francislimml reblogged this from hosannainthehighest and added:
- somethingxpretty likes this
- ohbeautifulsavior reblogged this from hosannainthehighest
- pencilslaugh likes this
- realanonymous likes this
- lovingforeevaah reblogged this from yourchildwillserveyou
- yourchildwillserveyou reblogged this from hosannainthehighest
- yourchildwillserveyou likes this
- unconditional1205 reblogged this from hosannainthehighest
- livelovesmilestrive likes this
- kineoedbygod likes this
- hosannainthehighest posted this