Maybe like the Psalmist in Psalm 73 you’ve caught yourself envious when you saw the wicked prosper; while you an obedient child of God saw nothing but trials and tribulation.
God in all His might and power could very much let every believer prosper in every way and keep them away from all harm; from all troubles and from anything that would cause them pain. In fact a lot of people would probably flock to God if that were the case.
But then people would be running to God for all the wrong reasons. You choose to follow God not to reap the blessings, you follow because you simply want to follow Him. Blessings are just perks and bonuses. Being a follower of Christ means you live by faith. That you trust Him even when all odds says otherwise. God is sufficient for you.
The thing about being a child of God, is God never promised that trials and tribulations would never come. In fact Jesus Himself even said “In this world you will have troubles, but take heart I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD.”
And I realized that God is so gracious. His patience for the wicked is actually amazing. When we are offended it’s so easy to fight back; to pray for fire to come down and consume them all… yet God, The Holy God, who is daily offended by men, still blesses them, still causes the sun to rise and set for both the wicked and the good, still gives them a chance daily to repent. Indeed the grace of God cannot be fathomed.
So if you look at it in a different perspective you will realize that indeed God is too wise to be mistaken and too good to be unkind. So when you don’t understand and when you can’t trace His plan TRUST His heart. He knows what He is doing.
- thumbeliina likes this
- always-or-anytime-seekhim reblogged this from hosannainthehighest
- kingnabs9 reblogged this from hosannainthehighest
- kingnabs9 likes this
- seedthatgrows reblogged this from hosannainthehighest
- stumblingcloser likes this
- abrazodelalma likes this
- minguez likes this
- natisloved likes this
- libbylace likes this
- azureprincess reblogged this from hosannainthehighest and added:
- azureprincess likes this
- recycledmaterials reblogged this from hosannainthehighest
- recycledmaterials likes this
- callmejohndy reblogged this from hosannainthehighest
- chairmansboard25 likes this
- iiskewlz likes this
- iiskewlz reblogged this from hosannainthehighest
- always-or-anytime-seekhim likes this
- geemovemeant likes this
- hosannainthehighest posted this