When Andrew and Peter began to follow Jesus, Jesus asked them “What are you seeking?” -John 1:36-38, ESV
Often times we find ourselves following Jesus because of the blessings we reap. And when God doesn’t answer our prayers the way we want Him to we get upset with Him, thinking that He owes us. When in fact God owes us NOTHING!
God, in all His generosity and grace, chooses to bless us though we do not deserve it. God owes us nothing, rather we owe to Him our lives! Yet why is it that we act as if He needs to bless us and grant all our desires before we follow Him?
The core of Christianity stems from a desire to pursue and build a relationship with Jesus REGARDLESS of the cost. Christianity is not following Jesus because of what you can get in return—-but rather it is a choice to follow Him simply because God is God. Knowing that the road may be long and rough but still choosing to stick it out through the end because you enjoy the companionship so much.
Now ask yourself, what are you seeking? Are you simply seeking the benefits and blessings of following Christ? Or are you seeking Him because you want to know Him and that you want to have a relationship with Him?
Stop treating Jesus as if He is some cosmic genie that abides by your bidding. Jesus is God. A God who is too wonderful for words to describe. A God whose love none can measure. He was, and is and is to come. He is the Alpha and the Omega. He is the reason we are living. And we should stop living as if we are entitled to so much, because we aren’t.
Your reason for seeking will eventually be your reason for staying. Seek God because of who He is, not because of what you can get from Him.
- dotted-pursuit likes this
- yearningadventurousperspective reblogged this from hosannainthehighest
- somethingxpretty reblogged this from hosannainthehighest
- dumbdumbemily likes this
- ceruleanity likes this
- clothedinscarlet likes this
- d-amour likes this
- nocciola likes this
- lavignette likes this
- fairylightsxo reblogged this from hosannainthehighest and added:
- passionedellamiavita likes this
- forever-in-christ-love likes this
- iambecauseheis likes this
- daniellemertina reblogged this from derricklogan2
- derricklogan2 reblogged this from hosannainthehighest
- derricklogan2 likes this
- faithhopeloveee likes this
- letthyheartspeak reblogged this from hosannainthehighest
- letthyheartspeak likes this
- hosannainthehighest posted this