Mark 10:9 “Therefore what God has put together let no man separate.”
The other day I was talking to a client and was telling him how happy I was that they were celebrating their 40th Wedding Anniversary with us. I said it’s really nice to see marriages that last. Then we talked about the divorce rate. He told me how even his children have gone through divorce since it’s the trend now and added that marriage is just luck—-if you’re lucky to get a good spouse then you’re marriage will last.
I don’t really agree with that though.
Trend or not —- divorce or annulment shouldn’t even be an option.
I am still single. But I do want to get married someday. I am praying for someone and Lord willing I look forward to marrying that man. And what I’ve been learning on the journey of our relationship is that everything is a choice.
Loving is a choice. Staying is a choice. Correcting a problem is a choice. Being better is a choice. Forgiving is a choice. Being patient is a choice. Understanding is a choice.
It is NOT by luck that relationships work out. It is first and foremost by God’s design and will, and secondly by the freewill of the couple to make things work out. Relationships that do not have the blessing and approval of God is bound to go wrong. Another vital element to the success of a relationship is God being the center of it.
Because if both of you are God-fearing individuals, then choosing to do what is right becomes the only option for you.
Divorce and annulment is what I call “the-easy-way-out”. Just because you don’t want to face the issue and correct it you just run away from it thinking it’s the solution—-well it’s not.
I know that marriage won’t always be butterflies and daisies. I know there will be rainy days and those inevitable fights. But because I believe God holds us together, I know it will always just keep getting better.
For better and for WORSE… through sickness and in health… Just as God designed it. I want to be standing by you til death do us part :)
- fabulous-ich reblogged this from hosannainthehighest
- beautiful-life-belle-vie reblogged this from hosannainthehighest and added:
- eligar157 likes this
- valeriefaith likes this
- ccabs reblogged this from hosannainthehighest
- ccabs likes this
- francislimml reblogged this from hosannainthehighest and added:
- faith201 likes this
- favourandgrace likes this
- searching-through-paper-towns reblogged this from hosannainthehighest
- ihaveahope reblogged this from hosannainthehighest
- ihaveahope likes this
- iamrobertine reblogged this from hosannainthehighest
- lebeautyoflife reblogged this from hosannainthehighest
- hosannainthehighest posted this